visit.brussels may collect user data during the process of contracting products or services pertaining to visit.brussels or third parties by any means (face-to-face, telephone, Internet, etc.), through the visit.brussels mobile App or social media, or when creating a visit.brussels account, subscribing to newsletters, or browsing the visit.brussels website or mobile App.
visit.brussels is the owner of the files generated with the personal data supplied by users. visit.brussels undertakes to comply with its obligation of secrecy regarding the personal data and with its duty to store the data confidentially, and will, to this end, take all necessary measures to avoid unauthorised alteration, loss, treatment or access, bearing in mind at all times the state of technology as provided for in the legislation on personal data protection applicable in Belgium. visit.brussels shall only share data with third parties in those cases permitted by the applicable legislation, such as external service providers acting as data processor on behalf of visit.brussels, or as required by competent authorities. visit.brussels may update this policy, so we recommend that users review it regularly.
The user accepts that all personal data submitted, including those relative to location, where appropriate, upon requesting the provision of any of our services may be incorporated into one or more automated files, owned by visit.brussels, in order to provide the requested service, and especially for the purpose of:
1) supplying and carrying out services relating to customer services or direct sales;
2) administering a visit.brussels account so that the user may manage in an easier fashion, even from different devices (computer, tablet, mobile);
3) verifying credit cards and other types of payment cards;
4) verifying, maintaining and developing statistical analysis and systems of different kinds;
5) detecting and/or preventing fraud or similar activities of an illegal nature;
6) providing added services, improving our services and the customer experience when using the website or App;
7) informing you, including by electronic means or mobile devices, of any information, promotions, products, services, new features, push notifications, newsletters and advertising related to visit.brussels that may of interest to you. In the specific case of the newsletters that will be issued, these shall include products offered by visit.brussels and operated thereby or by collaborating entities.
If you do not wish to receive sales information by electronic means, you can unsubscribe via the link enabled for this purpose in the newsletters that you receive, by ticking the checkbox on the website enabled for this purpose, through your visit.brussels account or by sending an email to visit.brussels at any time to email@example.com. Users will in all cases be responsible for the truthfulness of the data provided and shall be responsible for notifying visit.brussels as to any changes therein. visit.brussels reserves the right to exclude from the registered services all users who have provided false data, notwithstanding any other actions applicable under the Law. Lastly, users are informed that they may exercise their rights of access, modification, cancellation and objection by writing to visit.brussels asbl, 2-4 Rue Royale, 1000 Brussels or at firstname.lastname@example.org.